Wednesday, May 9, 2007

What I've learned so far...what I'm still struggling with...

My reflection on Multimedia Design class

I was so excited and got fascinated with the spread out of the technology used in this country (US) since the first time I landed myself on the ground. That is why I am so eager to learn about technology and use all time here to digest all. The idea is that I learn as much as I can so that I can bring home a lot of things to share with a lot of people and apply it into my classrooms.
Well in fact, it turns out to be a big issue. I forgot one thing that I was born to be a digital immigrant (term by Marc Prensky: www.marcprensky.com). I get used to read with paper rather than on monitor, hard to work online as I always had class on site. On my first class I wrote down in my diary ( look at my first entry) that I would like to learn this and that.
So how about the reality?
It is a little bit too much for me. I'm struggling with the given time with so many projects and asssignments in limited time as I am not like my American friends in the class who were born with computers. They are so fast on reading different articles at the same time(multi-tasking) or even when typing assignments. It needs a lot of time for me to digest each instruction, tutorials,browsing and a lot harder time to do things assigned such as webquest.
Well, don't laugh at me... for some of you who read this, will probably feel awkward or funny why I spend most of my time doing all the multimedia assignments like creating blog and webquest. It took me hours just to read article assigned by my teachers. What about making reflection? Well there's another issue. For the past fewe weeks, I kept printing all my readings, read it everywhere I was, in the bus, in subway, in trolleys, on my bed. But now I am learning to read with many windows in my computer. It took time and effort though, but I don't believe I cannot do it. As I always say to my students...YOU CAN DO IT, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DO IT, YOU'VE GOT TO DO IT, whatever happens. What I can say is that I hope my professor will be patient of my being so deep immigrant. Dr. Kozloski, I apologize and I give my biggest gratitude of your patience in guiding me. Salute!

No comments:

Post a Comment